A Network of Footpaths is a group of itineraries peatonales balizados and recognised connected between if. They exist different typologies of footpaths:
– The «GR» (Big Route) are big distances of cientos of kilometres that arrive to connect several countries. The union of several «GR» are the «And» that cross a minimum of three countries, are the called «Continental Footpaths».
– The «PR» (Small Route) are footpaths of lower route, of a day of length and at most 30 kilometres of distance.
– The «SL» (Local Footpaths) do not surpass the 10 kilometres and discurren near of populations or places of easy access.
– The «HIS»(Footpath Urbano) are urban itineraries that leave by the villages and cities showing zones of historical interest, cultural or green spaces.
The most important for the establishment and good use of of a Network of Footpaths is the signaling. The fault of a program of signaling does that it run the risk to assist, on a long-term basis, to the multiplication of signals of diverse forms and colours, incomprehensible for the user. This risk will be main when other activities add his own marks (BTT, activity ecuestre, etc.). Therefore a good part of the European countries have adopted programs of common signaling, following the international rule and the coordination and homologation of the ERA (European Ramblers Association).
1) Signal of continuity
Constituted by two parallel rectangles in disposal preferably horizontal; the dimensions of each one of the rectangles is of 10 to 20 cm. Of long and of 3 to 5 cm. Of height, appearing separated by a space of 1 to 2 cm.
The upper rectangle is always painted of white and the inferior of red colour (use the most brilliant tone and visible possible) for the GR or yellow (use the most brilliant tone and visible possible) for the PR or green (use the most brilliant tone and visible possible) for the SL.
2) Signal of brusque change of direction
Can give two types:
· Pair of strokes in angular disposal respect to a signal of continuity (well was to the right or to the left, according to the change). The white stroke always situates on the one of colour. Dimensions and colours will be the described previously.
· Signal of continuity in disposal and colours already described, but in which the stroke that correspond, according to the direction of twist, does an angle of 90º
3) Signal of mistaken direction
· Composition in sail of two strokes of 15 cm. Of development and 3 cm. Of thickness; the inferior stroke will be always the one of colour and the upper the white.
4) Signaling of footpaths coincidentes
The constitution of networks of footpaths that fulfil distinct aims on the territory can carry to the partial coincidence in the route of two (or more) footpaths of distinct rank. In this case, and with the aim of economizar marks, the traced group only will mark with the ones of the footpath of upper hierarchy (understand like such, the one of the GR on the PR, and the one of east on the SL). It will owe to accompany this circumstance with the following actions:
– They will situate directional sticks in the points of union and of division of the footpaths coincidentes informing on this peculiarity.
– To the beginning of the coincidence of the routes of two or more footpaths will have to put two marks of confirmation where in addition to the signaling of the footpath of main rank will add the one of the of inferior rank.
– Equally it will proceed , like form of warning, to add the colour of the footpath of lower rank in the two mark previous to the separation of the same.
– In those elements that have graphic information or written, in the fragment where produce the coincidence, will have to appear the review so much of the footpath of upper as of the of inferior hierarchy.
NOTE: the dimensions of the marks are recommendations of which can go out excepcionalmente when some supports or needs like this require it.
SEÑALIZACION And VERTICAL INFRASTRUCTURE
It conceives the signaling and vertical infrastructure like substantial element to the hiking. His characteristics and development have to agree with the character and idiosyncrasy of each zone. Has to look for a break-even point between the maximum adaptation of the materials to the surroundings and the main durability of the same.
They define in this section:
Compulsory elements that owe to appear
– Acronyms of the footpath of the that treats
– Corresponding number
– A point to the that direct like minimum
– A time indication or kilometraje.
Estaquillas Or buoys
Estaquillas Or buoys (to place in those places where was impossible to place marks)
Compulsory elements that owe to appear
– The corresponding acronyms to the type of footpath
– The number of footpath
– The bands with the corresponding colour
Compulsory elements that owe to appear.
– The acronyms of the number of the footpaths that treat .
– The numbers of the or of the footpaths.
– Information on the signaling used.
– Graphic representation of the route.
– Profile of the or of the routes.
– Services (recommended the utilisation of pictograms).
– Points of interest (recommended the utilisation of pictograms).
– Date of inauguration.
– Norms of behaviour of the senderista.
– Logotypes of the Federation homologadora corresponding.
– Logotypes of the entity promoter.
– Logotypes of the entity ejecutora.