Many think that to rest is simply put to bed and sleep. However, as it showed a study known like Rest test, with more than 18.000 participants of 135 countries, thanks to the intelligent telephones, more than 60% of the participants felt available, in policeman, with the certainty that his rest could see interrupted anytime.
This study put in evidence the worrisome deficit of rest that suffer in the actuality. According to his author, Claudia Hammond, and such as it explains in The Art of Rest, rest is not the same that sleep. The rest is any activity that involve relaxation during the vigilia and can be something that require some effort and concentration.
In what himself seem sleep and relax is in his profits, as both are equal of important for the physical and mental health.
In the study, Hammond tried to establish the scientific evidence to show why read, walk and not doing at all are between the ten first activities. But also they call the attention all those that did not attain to go in in the list: stroll to the dog, happen time in the social networks, be with friends or familiar, etc. The evidence seems to affirm that the activities more relajantes are those that realise to alone.
Some of the activities that according to the participants of the study result more relajantes are:
1. Read: it Is fun, easy and cheap and helps us to understand other points of view, comprise feelings and other realities, to the time that allows us abstraerse of the reality.
2. Activities in the nature: there is scientific evidence that the people finds the balance when it realises activities in the nature: Stroll, sport or simply tumbarse in a hamaca or seat comfortably under the shadow of a good tree.
3. Be only: One of the surprises of the list, since the people tend to relax with main ease in solitude. According to Hammond, this is due to that in solitude is us simpler clear the mind and think with main depth.
4. Listen music: The study showed that the hostility, the irritabilidad and the stress diminish while we listen music.
5. Not doing at all: The brain uses the time of inactividad to load batteries, process information and reinforce learnings. Therefore it is necessary to combat the idea that not doing at all is to lose the time.
6. Walk: The study signals that when we walk the body relaxes and sends signals of calm to the mind that help to reduce the tension.
7. A hot bathroom: A bathroom with hot water increases the blood flow, what reduces pains as well as the rigidity of the muscles and articulations. This involves a mind and a more relaxed body.
8. Dream awake: This mental activity is associated with a main creativity, better planning and solution of problems.
9. See television: Some studies affirm that this activity does that the brain remain in a state of rest, as although the neurons follow active, the mind does not remain very committed.
10. Meditar: Rest the body is impossible when the mind is not it. Therefore it is important that when the person want to relax totally, also do it mentally.