Recently we did the travesía of Cars of Foc in the pirineo Catalan.
Cars of Foc is one of the travesías but popular of the pirineos and consists in a route circulate that in his majority discurre by the National Park of Aigües Tortes i Estany of Sant Maurici.
The route inaugurated in 1987 by save them of the national park that traced the route of form circulate going through nine shelters saved.
The advantage of this travesía is that it is not necessary pernoctar in each one of the shelters to complete the route put that they can jump shelters by the vicinity between them.
We take it to us with a lot of calm and did stages very short:
- Espot – Xalet d´Amitges (Distance: 9 Km. – Desnivel Pos: 740 m.)
- Xalet d´Amitges – Refugi Colomers (Distance: 9 Km. – Desnivel Pos: 225 m. – Desnivel Neg: 470 m.)
- Refugi Colomers – Refugi Joan Windy i calvell (Distance: 6 Km. – Desnivel Pos: 435 m. – Desnivel Neg: 355 m.)
- Refugi Joan Windy i Calvell – Refugi d´Estany Llong (Distance: 13 Km. – Desnivel: 665 m. – Desnivel Neg: 925 m.)
- Refugi d´Estany Llong – Refugi Colomina (Distance: 13 Km.- Desnivel: 780 m. – Desnivel Neg: 340 m.)
- Refugi Colomina – Josep Maria Blanc (Distance: 7 Km. – Desnivel: 280 m. – Desnivel Neg: 375 m.)
- Refugi Josep Maria Blanc – Espot (Distance: 6 Km. – Desnivel Neg: 1.000 m.)
In total, more than 64 km and a desnivel positive of 3.122 m. And a negavtivo of 3.462 m.
The experience has been wonderful: the National Park of Aigües Tortes i Estany of Sant Maurici is a place that offers a glorious representation of the geology of the Pyrenees and the organisation of the shelters is flawless… the majority of times!!!